Here is a selection of Q&As from Your Surrey Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Keep calm and carry on
Q. Our wedding has been postponed due to COVID-19, and we're having to re-book our venue. What do you suggest we ask before booking?
A. Rebecca Uden says: Firstly, I'm sorry to hear your wedding has been postponed, but when your special day comes around it will be worth the wait! I've put together a few of my top tips to help you along the way.
- Read the venue's terms and conditions with regards to cancelling due to COVID-19 and ensure you understand their flexibility.
- Check available dates and ask if they can hold your chosen one for two weeks.
- If you're re-booking the same venue, check what their payment expectations are and if there are increases to the rates or changes to your contract.
- During the two weeks that your date is on hold, check with your previously booked suppliers to see if they can accommodate it and pencil you in.
- If you have suppliers that may not be able to accommodate, confirm if there will be any charges if you need to cancel their services.
- Once everyone have confirmed, let your venue know and check all the paperwork thoroughly.
- Most importantly, sit back, relax and look forward to celebrating your special day.
Rebecca Uden,Selsdon Park
Q. I had my heart set on a barn venue, however, will it be a warm enough setting should the weather be chilly/snowing?
A. Vicki Lamont says: For the perfect winter wedding, look no further than a barn venue. You'll need a location with atmosphere, beauty and year-round charm, and barns have this in abundance.
Long Furlong Barn has underfloor heating and insulation – something to bear in mind when visiting prospective venues – meaning guests will be toasty whilst enjoying mulled wine or a hot chocolate with a Baileys kick.
Most barn venues offer an outdoor area with outdoor heating, furniture and a bar – what better way to enjoy a warm drink snuggled up with blankets whilst taking in the beautiful views?
At Long Furlong Barn we have a beautiful fairylit courtyard with an Open Barn which offers outdoor heating and seating for you and your guests to enjoy. The rural setting and rustic flare of a barn venue, mixed in with some winter wedding décor, makes for the ultimate romantic, cosy wedding backdrop.